- This event has passed.
The Trauma Response
November 1, 2019 @ 8:30 am - 1:30 pm$30 – $45.00
The Trauma Response & The Imprint It Leaves: 4 CE’s
This training, picking up where the addiction training leaves off, will be exploring the common emotional underpinnings to addiction.
DESCRIPTION: This training is geared for clinicians, counselors, nurses, family, and anyone else in the community touched by trauma and addiction. This training will explore the populations most vulnerable to addiction; specifically those who have experienced trauma. The different types of trauma, from Attachment Disruption to Complex PTSD, will be covered as well as how unexplored/ unresolved trauma impacts the Mind, Body, and Brain and can interfere with sustained sobriety. Light snacks and coffee will be included.
GOALS & OBJECTIVES:
– Identify the populations most vulnerable to addiction.
– Define the different types of trauma; from Attachment Disruption to Complex PTSD.
– Discuss how the Polyvagal Theory informs us of the impacts of trauma on the Mind, Body, and Brain as well as how unresolved/ unexplored trauma over time will mimic mental and physical health diagnoses.
– Teach applicable tools to assess and educate clients on Trauma.
– Explore best practices for treating trauma and dissociation.
Curtis Buzanski, LMFT, LAADC has over 20 years experience in the addiction field since getting sober himself in 1996. He has a private practice in Fair Oaks where he specializes in Addiction and Trauma; utilizing treatments such as The Comprehensive Resource Model and EMDR. He has taught graduate level courses at University of San Francisco and also offers consultation to programs and facilities in the AOD and Mental Health field.